artistique-meg Saturday, May 29, 2010

I set out to do something different last night and I ended up having a lot of fun with it. I used paint this time around as there were a lot of layers and I could imagine the sticky mess I'd be in if I just used polish. So, here we have it, my under the ocean/underwater/sea inspired manicure.

Left Hand:
From thumb to little finger: Clam and seaweed, a little fishy, seaweed and bubbles, seaweed and coral, and finally a starfish (sorta)

Right Hand:
From little finger to thumb: a fishy!, seaweed, another clam, coral and seaweed and finally another starfish and seaweed.

I like how it turned out and it was a lot of fun experimenting with this mani. I'd like to attempt it again with some other ideas...more than just clams and starfishies lol

What I used: On my thumb, ring finger and index finger I blended Curiouser by SportsGirl on the tip of the nail with clear polish.
On my little finger and pointer I blended Curiouser by SportsGirl, Blue Lagoon by SportsGirl and Blue Steel by Chi Chi again with clear polish.
Topped them with a coat of Blue Glitter by Ultra3 then used acrylic paints for the foreground all topped with two coats of Out the Door to seal them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing! :D

Musicalhouses said...

I love this! It's so cute and creative! I could never do nail art like that! This is gorgeous!

Post a Comment